Monday, May 30, 2011

I'm Coming Home

It is Monday right now and by this time on Wednesday I'll already be on a plane headed back to the good ole USA.  My feelings are so mixed right now.  On the one hand I'm so unbelievably ready to see my friends and family, eat the delicious food I've missed so much, drive my car, go to my bars, drink Abita, etc etc etc, but on the other hand I keep thinking about how much I will miss France.  France has become my home over the last 8 months and especially since I've been in Paris.

I moved to Paris and have been sharing a studio apartment with my darling boyfriend.  It's small, but it's so perfect.  We're a great team, cooking and cleaning together, helping each other, spending time together, it's awesome.  When I was in Valenciennes, I never really had a space that I felt at home in.  I spent some nights out in St Saulve at Annabelle and Eric's where I was paying for a room, but I'd spend other nights and much of my free time at friends' apartments.  Although Valenciennes felt like home, I didn't have a space to call my own.

This space still isn't my own, but it's felt like it.  It's actually on the roomy side of what I've seen out of studios here in France, and I absolutely love it.  Unfortunately, now it's time to leave.

I'm also going to miss my boyfriend.  I've gotten quite attached to him especially recently and although I'll enjoy spending the next day and a half with him, I'm also very sad and will be having sporadic crying fits and of course a big ole sob fest Wednesday morning when we say goodbye.

Living in two worlds is oh so very hard, but I wouldn't trade this experience for the world.  As much as I miss everyone back home, I loved living here and hope to do it again.  It pains me to see my nieces and nephew grow up so quickly without me there, but there are sacrifices that have to be made.

So to end on a not-so-sad note, I'm coming home lovies.  I miss you like heck and I can't wait to wrap my arms around each and every one of you.  I'll be busy this summer, but we're gonna party!  See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment